Thursday, July 21, 2011

Central Park Drawings




The day we went to the Museum of Natural History, we spent half the day at central park drawing. We first went to an area on the water, where we could draw anything. I chose to sit on a rock and draw looking out onto the water. I made the pencil marks lighter as the water got farther away.

Then our class went to a big fountain in the middle of the park. My first drawing, i got the proportions all wrong, so i did a blind contour drawing of the same fountain to train myself even more to draw what i see. One of my classmates was sitting next to me, so i drew his foot to see if i could get the proportions right on something other than the fountain. This day tested my patience and eye for detail because we drew a lot, including things that are not my strong point.

No comments:

Post a Comment